Verzió is one of the most established film festivals in Hungary, hosting over 150 screenings per year for over 12,000 people. The 16th Verzió will take place this year from November 12-17 in Budapest and November 21-24 in Szeged, Pécs, Kecskemét, Debrecen and Szombathely. Festival guests include filmmakers, producers, DoPs, human rights activists, and film protagonists. They participate in Q&As, hold masterclasses and workshops or are invited as Jury members.
The Guest Coordinator is the main contact for all invited guests. She or he helps arrange travel and engagement of the guests during the festival, assists with designing guests’ individual schedules, maintains related databases and serves as a general liaison across the full range of festival activities.
- Coordinate festival guests’ travel, accommodation and ground transportation
- Develop individual schedules that include screenings, other public appearances, media appointments and hospitality events
- On-the-ground assistance with guests at the Opening and Closing ceremonies as well as at all industry events
- Support staff members with guest related information, compile and maintain accurate information for Festival databases, websites and press releases.
- Be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good attention to detail
- A flexible attitude to working hours and a strong desire to get the job done
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both Hungarian and English
- Experience with financial administration and travel bookings
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive services, advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office experience
- The ability to take direction and show initiative.
- Previous experience with organizing cultural events
- Interest in documentary cinema and human rights.
- Flexible working hours
- Home office, attending one meeting per week in the festival office and full time availability on the week of the festival: Nov 11-17.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- End date: November 29.
Salary: net 300,000 HUF (in 1 or 2 parts - based on agreement)
To apply send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: GUEST COORDINATOR):
- CV in English
- Short motivation letter in English
Early applications are welcome and evaluated in the order of arrival.
Application deadline is August 11, 2019.
Interviews will take place on the week starting with August 12, 2019.