Submissions to the 20th Verzió IHRDFF Are Open
The 20th Verzió International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival is now accepting documentary film submissions to its 20th anniversary edition. The Festival will be held 22–29 November 2023, in Budapest and in cities across Hungary.
Submit your film to the 20th Verzió through the following link:
Films are screened in the following competition categories:
- International Competition – a selection of films about urgent social issues and human rights
- Student and Debut Film Competition – documentaries made by the director in the frame of their studies & debut films
- Hungarian Competition – documentary films produced or co-produced in Hungary
as well as in several non-competitive sections.
The Festival’s programmers may program the selected films into a section of their choice.
Deadline: 31 May 2023
All applicants will be notified of the results by the end of September 2023.
- There is no submission fee.
- We accept documentary films of any length.
- The applicant must provide an online preview link when submitting the film.
- The online preview link must be accessible for the Festival’s selection team until 30 September 2023.
- Applications which do not provide an accessible online preview link and working password may be excluded and will not be considered for the program.
- Films that are not in English or in Hungarian are expected to be submitted with English subtitles.
About the Festival
The Verzió International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival was founded in 2004 and has been held every November in Hungary. In 2023, it celebrates its 20th anniversary. Verzió showcases 70-75 creative documentary films annually, creates a forum to discuss current social issues, and hosts industry and educational programs. Through its varied activities, it has become an important meeting place for the documentary film community and a diverse audience of documentary film lovers.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.