Job offer: Audience development manager
We are looking for the newest member of the Verzió Film Festival team who can contribute to the growth of the Festival's audience by identifying and addressing the different social groups targeted by the broad variety of the films presented in the festival program.
The 20th anniversary edition of Verzió Film Festival will take place 22-29 November 2023 in Budapest and in other major Hungarian cities, and online 30 November–10 December 2023 at festival.verzio.org. For more information on the festival, visit verzio.org.
- preparing and implementing an audience building strategy in line with the overall communication plan
- assessing and identifying the potential target audience for each film, and contacting and inviting them to events and screenings of the Festival
- building connection with different social groups, educational, cultural and civil society organisations in order to achieve a wider social impact
- excellent communication and problem-solving skills, proactivity
- openness and commitment to human rights
- excellent oral and written English in addition to native Hungarian
- a passion for human rights and documentaries
- strong writing skills, reflecting a sensitivity to the films and the themes they present
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- ability to work responsibly and respect deadlines
- having active connections with national and international educational, cultural and civil society organisations
- experience in organising cultural events, general knowledge of the film/cinema sector
- a degree in humanities or social sciences
- be self-employed (in the sense that you can give your own invoice as a freelancer)
- home-office / remote working options
- flexible working hours
What we offer:
- starting in May with a project-based contract
- competitive remuneration based on individual agreement and experience
- exposure to the latest creative documentaries from around the world
- a wide range of cultural contacts
- an international, enthusiastic and inclusive team
- openness to new ideas
- opportunities to develop your skills
How to apply:
If you feel you can identify with the spirit of Verzió and you are already full of ideas, send an email to email@example.com:
- your CV in English, highlighting your relevant experience,
- professional references,
- a half-page cover letter in English.
In the subject line, please indicate: AUDIENCE.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Deadline: May 19.